UK Interior Design Courses
Introduction to Interior Design
Interior Design is a dynamic discipline that has gained tremendous popularity among students in recent years. It improves spatial awareness in many different areas, including residential, hotels, hospitals, retail stores, commercial set ups and exhibition spaces, and is a versatile profession that requires a creative, imaginative and artistic mind that can execute and manage the design of a project.
Interior Design courses cover each different aspect of the process, from initial design to branding to project management to execution, with specific modules focussing on colour, drawing plans, space planning, furnishings, wall and floor finishes, furniture styles, lighting and best professional practice – all combining to put you on the right path towards becoming an interior designer.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study Interior Design in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our Rawalpindi offices or via Skype.
Most Interior Design courses at UK universities will also cover digital presentation and project management skills, both just as important as the practical side of the industry. Work placements and regular contact with specialists in the field are commonplace on most interior design courses, with professional training opportunities also available on live projects.
Careers in Interior Design
Interior Design graduates will move into a variety of fields in the creative and design industry. Careers include working as part of a design team, freelance design, branding and communications, 3D design, journalism, retail and hospitality.
Interior Design Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- Typical A-levels requirements: ABB.
- 6.0 overall, with no lower than 5.5 in any one component.
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Interior Design in the UK?
To learn more about the best Interior Design courses in the UK, find details on the top Art and Design universities in UK:
- Royal College of Art
- University of the Arts London
- University of Oxford
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Glasgow School of Art
- Loughborough University
- Kingston University
- Lancaster University
- University College London