UK Food Science Courses
Introduction to Food Science
Be it how many fruit and vegetables to eat per day, genetically modified crops or sugar content in the latest child marketed drink, Food Science is never far from the headlines or our thoughts. Studying this degree at a UK university means you are fascinated by the key aspects of food – how it is produced, is it safe, how it reacts to natural elements and if it can combat illness and disease.
Food Science is forever adapting to changing trends in an attempt to look for new ways to make food taste better, be safer and improve cost and manufacturing. Students will study a range of modules including food composition, food safety, microbiology, product development, sustainability and physiology.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study Food Science in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our offices or via Skype.
The UK is widely regarded as a world leader in Food Science, and as such many industry professionals will visit and teach at your chosen institution. Sandwich placements are also an option for students who wish to spend a year gaining firsthand experience in the industry.
Graduate Food Science Careers
Food Science graduates will find employment in research, hygiene, nutrition, packaging, analysis, quality control and buying. Your degree can also be used in areas such as marketing and journalism, while postgraduate study is also a popular choice if you wish to stay in full-time study.
Food Science Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- Typical A-levels requirements: ABB.
- 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing and speaking
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Food Science in the UK?
To learn more about the best Food Science courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Food Science universities in the Times Good University Guide 2019 below:
- University of Surrey
- University of Leeds
- King’s College London
- Queen’s University Belfast
- University of Reading
- University of Nottingham
- University of Newcastle
- University of Lincoln
- Ulster University
- Coventry University