UK Sports Science Courses
Introduction to Sports Science
Sports Science is the application of scientific knowledge to improve athletic performance. It covers psychology, physiology, nutritional science and performance analysis and UK universities offer courses incorporating the latest practice, theory and technology in medicine and training.
Sports Science courses in the UK offer guest lectures from industry professionals, placements at professional teams and the opportunity to visit special conferences. The demand for sports scientists has never been greater as many sports come to terms with a technological revolution which requires athletes to know their body inside out and be in constant peak condition.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study Sports Science in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our offices or via Skype.
Having invented and drawn up the rules for Football, Rugby, Cricket and many others, the UK is in a unique position to teach the science behind sport. The success of the English Premier League demonstrates the extraordinary appeal and brand recognition of sport in this country, with competitive sport being a mainstay of British schools and a national obsession at all age levels.
Careers in Sports Science
Sports Science graduates go on to become coaches, exercise physiologists, personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, membership advisors and local government sports development officers.
Sports Science Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing and speaking
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Sports Science in the UK?
To learn more about the best Sports Science courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Sports Science universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019 below:
|1||University of Leeds||Leeds, England|
|2||University of Bath||Bath, England|
|3||Loughborough University||Loughborough, England|
|4||University of Birmingham||Birmingham, England|
|5||Kingston University||Kingston-upon-Thames, England|
|6||University of Aberdeen||Aberdeen, Scotland|
|7||University of Durham||Durham, England|
|8||Bangor University||Bangor, Wales|
|9||University of Glasgow||Glasgow, UK|
|10||Staffordshire University||Stoke-on-Trent/Stafford, England|