UK Politics Courses
Introduction to Politics
A Politics degree will provide students with an understanding of the key dynamics of different political systems around the world, how governments deal with crisis, debt, human right and the nature of society.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study Politics in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our offices or via Skype.
Students will engage with ethical questions such as the role and limits of state power, the nature of a ‘good society’, and the obligations that one nation has to another. You will also consider empirical questions such as how we explain differences in political institutions and culture, and the nature of the international system as a whole. Modules will include international relations, global histories and modern political thought.
Careers in Politics
Politics graduates work in local, national and international government as well as a wide range of other professions in sectors such as media, teaching, finance and not for profit.
Politics Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing and speaking
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Politics in the UK?
To learn more about the best Politics courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Politics universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019 below:
|1||University of St Andrews||St Andrews, Scotland|
|2||University of Cambridge||Cambridge, England|
|3||University of Oxford||Oxford, England|
|4||University of Bristol||Bristol, England|
|5||Loughborough University||Loughborough, England|
|6||University of Warwick||Coventry, England|
|7||University of York||York, England|
|8||London School of Economics||London, England|
|9||Coventry University||Coventry, England|
|10||University of Exeter||Exeter, England|
Do you need assistance in applying to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, King's or UCL? The Oxbridge Service will fully prepare you in your application to some of the best universities in the world with intense interview practice and expert personal statement advice.