Fashion industry website Global Fashion School has published its 2016 rankings with six institutions inside the top 20 and three inside the top ten!
Universities were ranked on three indicators - global influence, learning experience and long-term value – after 10,000 surveys were completed by students and alumni at 54 institutions.
Top Four Fashion Schools in the UK
1. Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London
Central Saint Martins is one of the world’s leading centres for art and design, with its fashion programmes ranked the best in the world by the Business of Fashion.
- Fashion-related BA and MA courses range from fashion design, to communication and promotion, to journalism
- Students ranked the school’s teaching resources highly
- Currently, over half of London Fashion Week designers are Central Saint Martin graduates
Five pathways are available at the school including: Fashion Design Menswear, Fashion Design Womenswear, Fashion Print, Fashion Design with Knitwear and Fashion Design with Marketing. Collaborations with external professionals and sponsors such as L'Oreal Professionel, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton and Paul Smith also take place.
Based in London, Kingston's BA (Hons) Fashion has been awarded the Creative Skillset Tick in the fashion pilot, awarded in February 2015.
- Students are very satisfied with University resources including the library and study materials
- The application of innovative technology and IT, combined with the excellent technical skills of faculty members also stood out
- Students ranked teaching highly
Fashion courses at Kingston cover all aspects of the design process – from research and design development, to creating garments using cut and construction. Every student across all levels will engage in professional practice related to their studio work.
The BA (Hons) Fashion Design degree course at the University of Westminster has an outstanding reputation for teaching and developing highly talented and original graduates.
- Each class has its own dedicated studio, equipped with individual design spaces
- Students ranked their workrooms the highest in the survey
- All second year fashion design students complete a two-month internship with designers that show at London Fashion Week
Westminster work closely with the international fashion industry to enable students to undertake unparalleled internships with the world’s leading fashion companies, including Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford and Marc Jacobs.
4. London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London
London College of Fashion is a leading global provider of fashion education at undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as offering short courses, study abroad courses and integrated masters.
- Provides one of the widest ranges of courses in fashion education, with 27 undergraduate courses and 4 masters degree courses
- A leader in fashion research covering areas such as sustainable fashion practice
- In 2020, the college will move to a new state-of-the-art facility in East London, situated in the former Olympic Park