Study a PhD in the UK
PhD Application Service
A PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) is the most common type of doctoral degree and requires students to complete a thesis on a substantial piece of research that is judged by a team of examiners. As one of the highest awarded degrees at a UK university, you will need all the help necessary to submit a successful application.
SI-UK’s PhD Application Service can help you successfully be accepted on to a PhD programme in the UK by advising you on your choice of university, providing intensive interview practice and editing your personal statement and research proposal into what an admissions panel want to read.
SI-UK can also assist you with your application to study an MPhil. Learn more about the difference between an MPhil and PhD with our research degree study guide.
Why use the PhD Service?
The PhD Service will do the following to maximise your chance of securing an offer:
- Pre-screen your transcripts and ensure you are eligible to apply
- Advice on choosing suitable universities
- Provide a checklist of documents required
- Edit all supporting documents, including your personal statement, CV and reference letters
- Review and edit your research proposal, providing feedback
- Fill in the university application forms and track your application after submission
- 60 minute non subject specific interview session to familiarise you with the setting, followed by feedback
PhD Research Proposal Tips
Your research proposal should be 1000-2000 words and include the following:
- Area to be investigated
- The issue, research question or hypothesis that is to be tested
- The likely methods and techniques to be used in the investigation
- The relationship of the proposed research to the published literature and current research in your field, and an indication of the contribution your thesis would make
- Details of work you have already done in the proposed field
- Your suitability as a researcher for the proposed project
A research proposal enables the academic staff responsible for selecting applicants to assess:
- Your competence in the proposed field of study
- Your ability to conduct a research programme independently
- The nature of the supervision required
Download a sample of a research proposal here.
Apply to study a PhD today
To learn more, arrange your free consultation in London or Manchester today.