St Michael's School
Michael’s School first established in 1923 and has been situated in Bryn since
St Michael’s is a local school with a national reputation, consistently listed in the UK top 100 Independent Schools for A level results. We have regularly been placed first Co-Educational Independent School in Wales for GCSE results, at times achieving a remarkable 75% at grade A and A*. Almost all of our sixth form pupils go on to the universities of their choice and we have a long tradition of sending pupils to Oxford and Cambridge. Our pupils shine academically and we are proud of the learning environment we foster. It is one where gifted and talented students can really be stretched, but also one which supports and encourages less able pupils and helps them flourish academically.
The school stands in its own private grounds of several acres in the village of Bryn which overlooks the Gower Peninsula. The school is well placed for Llanelli, Swansea and beyond. We attract pupils from a wide geographical area and arrange coaches for pupils which serve a number of routes.
high exam results across both A Level & GCSE
- Times Ranking for A Levels – 44 (27/08/2011)
- In 2011 40% A Level leavers entered a top 20 UK University
- Expanding school campus with plans for increased growth
- Excellent value for money.
- Rural location with optional week-end visits to Swansea provided
- Majority of our students are British with only 10% international presence.
- Actively looking for new representatives to grow the international numbers
- Nationality mix is diverse & will remain so.
- On Campus accommodation to be complete for September 2012 – 40 en-suite rooms
Minimum IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) is required for GCSE and A-Level study. Students with high levels of English, again 5.0 - 5.5 IELTS can enter Key stage 3; years 7-9. Academic assessments are also administered along with previous school reports