Kilgraston is a leading independent boarding and day school catering for 340
girls from 2½ to 18 years and day boys up to the age of 9.
• Kilgraston is a highly competitive school with an excellent record of academic achievement.
• This year pupils achieved their best results ever, with an exceptional 57% passes at A grade (95% A-C) for Higher and an outstanding 54% A grade passes (92% A-C) at Advanced Higher.
• With pupil numbers standing at an all time high, Kilgraston is currently investing in the future. In recent years the school has developed a new bistro style dining-room, a 150 seat theatre, a refurbishment of boarding and a new sports pavilion.
• In April 2008 its new 25m indoor swimming pool complex was opened and recently a new all-weather hockey pitch was built. In early spring of 2012 construction will commence of a new Science Building and later in the year, a Sixth Form Study Centre.
• Kilgraston is a Catholic school with an ecumenical tradition and, as a member of the International Network of Sacred Heart Schools, has a strong sense of community which is maintained through the hard work of every member.
• Parent Comment: “Thank you for turning my two girls into young ladies I am so proud of. Best thing I ever did was send them to Kilgraston.
is Scotland’s largest girls’ boarding school and is set in 54 acres of
beautiful parkland in Bridge of Earn, 45 minutes north of Edniburgh.
• It is a member of the International Network of Sacred Heart Schools which lets the 340 pupils benefit from cultural links with countries like Mexico, Austria, USA and Spain.
• Kilgraston has recently been named Independent School of the Year 2011 due to its 50% growth over the last 5 years, outstanding examination results, recent HMIe inspection and major capital investment.
• Kilgraston is the only school in Scotland with an on-site Equestrian Centre