UK Sociology Courses
Introduction to Sociology
Sociology is a branch of social sciences and studies the origins of society, its development, organisations and institutions. Sociology uses methods of empirical investigation and critical analysis to develop a body of knowledge about human social activity, structures and functions. Focussing on social class, culture, race and ethnicity, gender, social mobility, religion and law, a degree Sociology in the UK may also be combined with accounting, economics, finance and marketing.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study Sociology in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our offices or via Skype.
Sociology has been taught in the UK since 1904 and over the course of the degree you will develop logical thinking, critical evaluation, literacy and expression, negotiation and problem solving skills. Sociology modules will cover the works of Karl Marx, Max Weber and Emile Durkheim as well as social change, social policy and crime and society.
Careers in Sociology
Sociology graduates will find employment in the media, local government, research, management, housing and education.
Sociology Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing and speaking
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Sociology in the UK?
To learn more about the best Sociology courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Sociology universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019 below:
|1||University of Cambridge||Cambridge, England|
|2||University of Sheffield||Sheffield, England|
|3||University of Bristol||Bristol, England|
|4||University of Warwick||Coventry, England|
|5||University of Bath||Bath, England|
|6||Plymouth University||Plymouth, England|
|7||Liverpool Hope University||Liverpool, England|
|8||University of Manchester||Manchester, England|
|9||Loughborough University||Loughborough, England|
|10||University of Birmingham||Birmingham, England|