UK Social Work Courses
Introduction to Social Work
A degree in Social Work will help graduates make a significant impact on societies most vulnerable lives. You will learn how to relate to people of all ages, race and background in order to gain trust and assist with improving their quality of life. Patience, understanding and communication are three of the key skills which will be developed over the duration of the course as you are put into a number of different situations you will be expected to face on a day to day basis.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study Social Work in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our offices or via Skype.
Modules in a Social Work degree will tackle these issues head on as you learn about social science, work processes and practice, risk protection, child care and ethics. Degrees last for three years, with placements taking place at social work agencies during year two to give you vital experience of what the role is like in a practical environment.
Careers in Social Work
Social Work graduates will find employment in the charity, private and public sectors. Depending on what specialisations were undertook whilst studying, social workers will work with adults, children, people with learning disabilities, the homeless, people with substance abuse issues and foster families.
Social Work Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing and speaking
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Social Work?
To learn more about the best Social Work courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Social Work universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019 below:
|1||Lancaster University||Lancaster, England|
|2||Glasgow Caledonian University||Glasgow, Scotland|
|3||University of Portsmouth||Portsmouth, England|
|4||University of East Anglia||Norwich, England|
|5||University of Bath||Bath, England|
|6||University of Bedfordshire||Luton and Bedford, Bedfordshire|
|7||University of East London||London, England|
|8||University of Bristol||Bristol, England|
|9||University of Dundee||Dundee, Scotland|
|10||Queen's University Belfast||Belfast, Northern Ireland|