UK Physiotherapy Courses
Introduction to Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy degrees teach students how to help and treat the young and old who are suffering from illness, accidents or ageing. Through the use of manual therapy and therapeutic exercise, qualified physiotherapists will help with spine and joint problems, specifically after operations, rehabilitation following sports injuries, strokes and accidents.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study Physiotherapy in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our offices or via Skype.
Physiotherapy modules study of the basic principle of healing, repair and movement analysis in year one, to patient assessment and management in year two. Your final year of study will involve providing an in-depth study on a subject within physiotherapy, plus a greater responsibility in clinical reasoning and decision making.
Careers in Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy graduates will find roles at private practices or companies, the NHS or with sports team and at sports centres. Specific roles will see you tend to the elderly, while undertaking orthopaedics, obstetrics, paediatrics and sports medicine.
Physiotherapy Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing and speaking
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Physiotherapy in the UK?
To learn more about the best Physiotherapy courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Anatomy and Physiology universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019 below:
- University of Liverpool
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bristol
- King’s College London
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Keele University
- University of Manchester