UK International Relations Courses
Introduction to International Relations
International Relations is a branch of political science that examines the role of states, international alliances, NGOs and multinational companies in an increasingly globalised world. International Relations deals with issues like sovereignty, environmentalism, development and human rights in the context of global affairs and is also concerned with the policies of individual states.
SI-UK Pakistan help you apply to study International Relations in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our Rawalpindi offices or via Skype.
The subject will show you how the world works and how power structures are made, unmade, exploited and resisted. It is therefore an excellent preparation for a career in the civil service, politics and diplomacy. International Relations modules will include political analysis, global histories, war and security in politics, social divisions and global governance.
Careers in International Relations
International Relations graduates will be equipped with the skills needed to unravel the complex network of factors that cause events in one part of the globe to have unlikely consequences in another. As such, roles in research, journalism, social policy or development and different branches of politics are all popular avenues for graduates to pursue.
International Relations Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- Typical A-levels requirements: ABB.
- 6.5 overall, with no lower than 6.0 in any one component.
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study International Relations in the UK?
To learn more about the best International Relations courses in the UK, find details on the top Politics and International Studies universities UK:
- University of Oxford
- London School of Economics
- University of Cambridge
- King’s College London
- University of Essex
- SOAS, University of London
- University College London
- University of Warwick
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester