UK English Literature Courses
Introduction to English Literature
An English Literature degree develops key skills which are relevant to a wide variety of different professions. Students will learn how to research and review a text, incorporating debate, analysis and reporting, which is relevant to careers in publishing, journalism and broadcasting.
Modules will look at the origins of British and American literature, contemporary fiction and poetry and poetics. Analytical skill will be crafted, improving critical thought which will help develop your ability to analyse, write powerfully and engage in argument.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study English Literature in the UK. Arrange your free consultation or via Skype.
Whether your passion is Byron, Shakespeare, Chaucer; American lit, gothic lit or classic poetry, a degree in English Literature will open up a number of exciting career opportunities.
Graduate English Literature Careers
Many English Literature graduates go on to find roles in journalism, marketing, advertising, teaching and publishing. Many students also follow up an English Literature degree by beginning postgraduate study.
English Literature Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- Typical A-levels requirements: ABB.
- 6.5 overall, with no lower than 5.5 in any one component.
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study English Literature?
To learn more about the best English Literature courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking English and Creative Writing universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019 below:
|1||University of Durham||Durham, England|
|2||University of St Andrews||St Andrews, Scotland|
|3||University of Oxford||Oxford, England|
|4||UCL Institute of Education||London, England|
|5||University of Birmingham||Birmingham, England|
|6||University of Exeter||Exeter, England|
|7||University of Cambridge||Cambridge, England|
|8||Brunel University London||London, England|
|9||University of Buckingham||Buckingham, England|
|10||University of Bolton||Bolton, England|
Do you need assistance in applying to Cambridge, Oxford or UCL? The Oxbridge Service will fully prepare you in your application to some of the best universities in the world with intense interview practice and expert personal statement advice.