UK Education Courses
Introduction to Education Studies
An Education Studies degree focuses on education and what it means in the 21st century. Students are taught about the subject from a variety of different angles – both globally and within the UK - and are encouraged to develop their confidence, knowledge and ability throughout. Modules will cover aspects of teaching such as creativity, philosophy and accessibility, as well as the history, sociology and psychology of education.
SI-UK Pakistan can help you apply to study Education in the UK. Arrange your free consultation at our offices or via Skype.
Students are expected to take a placement at an education institute which will be credited towards the degree. This enables the student to gain the crucial experience of working hands on within a classroom, and regular verbal and written feedback will be given to ensure you know how well you are progressing.
Graduate Education Studies Careers
Education Studies graduates will find roles primarily in teaching, but also in sectors such as research, publishing and management that require staff with knowledge about education and training. Education degrees do not generally offer Qualified Teacher Status, but will allow progress on to a Postgraduate Certificate in Education programme (PGCE).
Education Studies Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- Typical A-levels requirements: ABB.
- 6.0 overall, with no lower than 5.5 in any one component.
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Education in the UK?
To learn more about the best education studies courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking education studies universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019 below:
|1||University of Cambridge||Cambridge, England|
|2||University of Southampton||Southampton, England|
|3||University of Durham||Durham, England|
|4||University of East Anglia||Norwich, England|
|5||UWE Bristol||Bristol, England|
|6||UCL Institute of Education||London, England|
|7||St Mary's University College||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|8||University of Reading||Reading, England|
|9||University of Stirling||Stirling, Scotland|
|10||Liverpool Hope University||Liverpool, England|
Do you need assistance in applying to Cambridge or UCL? The Oxbridge Service will fully prepare you in your application to some of the best universities in the world with intense interview practice and expert personal statement advice.