UK Development Studies Courses
Introduction to Development Studies
Development Studies is a branch of social science which examines issues related to developing countries, especially concerning social and economic development. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution both aim to identify and analyse the violent and non-violent behaviour that causes social conflict with a view towards creating a more stable world society.
Development Studies involves the study of anthropology, globalisation, economics, environment and international development, while Peace Studies looks at international politics, arms control and proliferation, human rights, politics of the global environment, democracy, religion and politics.
Graduate Development Studies Careers
Development Studies graduates will find employment in non-governmental organisations, charitable institutions, local or international government, research, teaching and advisory organisations.
These careers can entail extensive travel, giving you the chance to devise strategies for raising the condition of developing countries and working towards world peace.
Development Studies Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc
- Typical A-levels requirements: AAB.
- Typical IELTS requirements: 6.5 overall, with no lower than 6.0 in any one component.
Where can I study Development Studies in the UK?
To learn more about the best Development Studies courses in the UK, find details below:
- University of Sussex
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- London School of Economics
- SOAS University of London
- University of Manchester
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Leeds
- University of Birmingham
Do you need assistance in applying to LSE, Oxford or Cambridge? The Oxbridge Service will fully prepare you in your application to some of the best universities in the world with intense interview practice and expert personal statement advice.
Apply to study Development Studies
If you are interested in applying for a Development Studies course in the UK, arrange your free consultation today. Don't forget the Premium Service will guarantee you at least one offer from a UK university!