UK Business and Management Courses
Introduction to Business and Management
A Business and Management degree focuses on the planning, running and operations of an organisation. Students will look at each part of a business, including areas such as finance, marketing, human resources and administration, and many Business and Management programmes offer placements with globally recognised companies, enabling you to experience firsthand what the profession involves.
Most Business and Management courses have a shared programme of study in the first year, before students choose their own path in the second year of study. Once the degree is completed, key skills in market knowledge, finance, managing of people, strategy and data will help you move forward with your career in business.
Graduates will find themselves working in a variety of different positions once studies have been completed, with jobs ranging from consultancy and HR roles, to careers based in finance and commerce.
Graduate Business and Management Careers
Business and Management is a broad degree which encompasses many areas, and there are a wide variety of career paths a graduate can pursue upon completion of their studies.
Students will be highly employable and can think about pursuing roles in advertising, banking, consultancy, general management, human resource management and marketing.
Business and Management Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- 7.0 overall, with no lower than 6.5 in any one component.
- Typical A-levels requirements
- AAA/AAB with at least one humanities or social sciences subject
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Business and Management in the UK?
To learn more about the best Business and Management courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Business, Management and Marketing universities in the Guardian University Guide 2019 below:
|1||University of Oxford||Oxford, England|
|2||University of St Andrews||St Andrews, Scotland|
|3||University of Warwick||Coventry, England|
|4||University of Bath||Bath, England|
|5||Loughborough University||Loughborough, England|
|6||University of Buckingham||Buckingham, England|
|7||Goldsmiths, University of London||London, England|
|8||Lancaster University||Lancaster, England|
|9||University of Durham||Durham, England|
|10||University of Derby||Derby, England|
Do you need assistance in applying to Oxford? The Oxbridge Service will fully prepare you in your application to some of the best universities in the world with intense interview practice and expert personal statement advice.