UK Accounting and Finance Courses
Introduction to Accounting and Finance
Accounting and Finance courses in the UK will help you craft unique perspectives and knowledge on economics, mathematics, political science, psychology and sociology. Students will learn how to prepare and interpret financial information, as well as gaining a theoretical and practical understanding of core financial practice.
Modules at each university will broadly be the same, and cover topics such as bookkeeping, statistics and credit and financial analytics. Year 1 will introduce you to key financial and economic practice, laying the foundations to all future study. Year 2 will continue to develop your understanding of corporate finance, while also introducing optional modules you may wish to focus on. Year 3 will see you focus on a year long project, often in the form of a dissertation.
Graduate Accounting and Finance Careers
Career options for accounting and finance graduates include accountancy, charted accountancy, banking, insurance brokering, financial advisor, financial trader, investment analyst and tax advisor.
Because of the broad nature of the profession, employment opportunities are available at a range of different companies and sectors and salaries are very competitive.
What do Accounting and Finance Graduates Earn?
- Average starting professional salary: £22,000
- Average starting non-professional salary: £18,000
Source: The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
Accounting and Finance UK Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of minimum one year's Bachelor’s from a recognized university with a minimum 65%.
- Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a four-year undergraduate degree (for example, BA/BSC Hons) can apply for direct entry onto a postgraduate course.
- 2:2 Honors Degree or Above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 2.5 GPA or MA/MSc 2nd Division (min 62.5% following a 2 year BA/BSc).
- 2:1 honors degree or above
- 4 year BA/BSc with min 3.0 GPA or MA/MSc 1st Division (above 75% following a 2 year BA/BSc)
- 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing and speaking
Please note that entry requirements vary for each UK university. If you are interested in learning more about Entry Requirements, arrange your free consultation today.
Where can I study Accounting and Finance in the UK?
To learn more about the best Accounting and Finance courses in the UK, find details on the top ten ranking Accounting and Finance universities in the Guardian University Guide 2020 below:
- University of Leeds
- Loughborough University
- University of Warwick
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Bath
- University of Glasgow
- London South Bank University
- University of Derby
- University of East Anglia
- University of Buckingham
How SI-UK Pakistan can help with your application
If you are interested in learning more about Accounting and Finance in the UK, arrange a free consultation at SI-UK in Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar or Abbotabad today. Learn more about our university application services, and don't forget the Premium Service will guarantee you an offer from a UK university on an Accounting and Finance programme.